January 22, 2021 – 15:08 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net – The persecution and torture of Armenians by the Azerbaijani troops during the six-week war in Nagorno-Karabakh had deep-rooted reasons, Armenian Human Rights Defender Arman Tatoyan said Thursday, January 21.
The Ombudsman’s office provided a non-exhaustive list of offensive and degrading statements made by Azerbaijani cultural and sports figures about Armenians during the September-November war. Some of them are translated below:
1) “Karabakh will be cleansed of the satanic scum of Armenian fascism. “These Armenian fascists are deprived of honor and are being annihilated on the spot,” said an Azerbaijani Folks Artist;
2) “Armenians are a tribe, an ethnos, which destroys itself. They are very pitiful and ungrateful creatures. “Armenians are such liars, cowardly, greedy and hypocritical people that it is impossible to convey in words,” said a People’s Folks Artist of Azerbaijan;
3) “This war in Karabakh is the beginning of the end of the Armenians of the world, who were created on the basis of lies, hypocrisy” — People’s Artist of Azerbaijan;
4) “Our enemy is dishonorable, deceitful and unworthy”. “They are barbarians, terrorists, obsessed with fascist ideas about their own superiority.”
5) “Armenians are nothing, they are people who hide in their nests like rats.” — a Famous Artist of Azerbaijan;
6) “A child of a prostitute will also become a prostitute. They are all foxes. “When the right time comes, they will show themselves,” said a Member of the Writers’ Union of Azerbaijan about an elderly Armenian woman;
7) The Armenian people are really sick. Medicine is hopeless, it is incurable. Chronic Armenian Diarrhea.” — Winner of “Voice of Turkey” song contest;
8) “Do not call Armenians prostitutes. “The prostitute sells herself, the Armenian buys someone else,” said a Lecturer at the Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts;
9) “We must kill all Armenians, including women, children and the elderly (…)” — Media head of Qarabag football club;
10) “If the human race was really created by God, then the Armenian nation is the offspring of evil,” said the Head of the Media, Public Relations and Association of the Football Federation of Azerbaijan;
“The statements were recorded by the staff of the Human Rights Defender of Armenia. They prove that the propaganda of anti-Armenianism and the hostility towards the Armenian people in Azerbaijan has deep roots and high public support,” Tatoyan wrote on Facebook, publishing screenshots from the statements.
“The persecution and torture of Armenians by the Azerbaijani military during this war had deep-rooted reasons; it was carried out solely because of the ethnicity of the Armenians.”