October 14, 2020 – 10:57 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net – The Azerbaijani military targeted combat equipment on Armenian soil, based on assumptions that the equipment was ready to strike the peaceful settlements of Azerbaijan, the Armenian Defense Ministry said on Wednesday, October 14.
No casualties were reported.
“Needless to say, the statement of the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry can not be substantiated,” the Defense Ministry said in a statement.
“The fact is the military-political leadership of that country targets military equipment carrying out combat duty on the territory of the Republic of Armenia only on the basis of assumptions.”
Reaffirming that no rockets, shells or bullets have so far been fired on Azerbaijan from the territory of Armenia, the country’s defense Ministry declared that the Armenian Armed Forces will from now on reserve the right to target any military facility or military movement in the territory of Azerbaijan by the same logic.
The responsibility for changing the logic of the combat zone rests with the Azerbaijani authorities, the Defense Ministry added.
Azerbaijan, with help from Turkey and mercenaries deployed by Ankara, launched a large-scale offensive against Karabakh (Artsakh) in the morning of September 27, shelling Armenian positions and civilian settlements with large caliber weapons and rocket systems. The Armenian side has reported deaths and injuries both among the civilian population and the military. Foreign and local journalists too have been injured in Azeri shelling of towns and villages. Although a humanitarian ceasefire was supposed to begin on October 10, Azerbaijan has renewed hostilities along the line of contact.