Friday, 9 July 2021
Tigran Avinyan chairs working group meeting on coordination of construction activities in Residential District 33 of Yerevan
On July 9, Acting Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan chaired a meeting of the working group on coordination of construction activities in Residential District 33 of Yerevan.
In his welcoming speech, Tigran Avinyan presented the results of the working group’s activities:
– Design work on 13 lots is complete; 8 lots are fully completed;
– 7 lots were submitted for comprehensive expertise; a construction permit was obtained for 1 lot;
– In order to increase the efficiency of real estate sales, the community non-profit organization “Bureau for the Implementation of Investment Programs for the Development of Yerevan” of the Mayor’s Office was involved. Contracts are due to be signed with 50 families, which will bring to completion the implementation stage;
– The size of compensation for property increased from 600-700 dollars per square meter to 1700-2000 dollars;
– 5 lots are being negotiated with potential investors, which should be completed in the coming months;
– An environmental impact assessment finding has been issued for each lot;
– Design estimates have been submitted for all monuments available in the development area, which will serve as a basis for developers in implementing specific improvements. At the same time, the monuments will be preserved in the residential district, and the conditions announced earlier by the government of the Republic of Armenia will be ensured.
The Acting Deputy Prime Minister stressed that the reconstruction of Residential District 33 is among the government’s priority tasks. Tigran Avinyan noted that the project is of great importance for the capital in terms of creating a historical, healthy and comfortable urban environment.
The meeting touched upon issues relevant to the project, including complex examinations, list of facilities subject to demolition and corresponding, etc. During the second part of the meeting the representatives of the developers of the 33rd quarter joined the discussions of the working group.
The relevant government departments have been instructed on further steps.